Friday, August 13, 2010

Monkey for Stella and Grammy

Sock Monkey for Stella
     When Stella was here in July, I started this sock monkey.  This is literally made from Rockford Red Heel Socks. I remember Grammy (Catherine Morehead Hogan Selby) making these.  What's old is new again if you think of the Kia commercial.
    The other thing I remember Grammy making is the yo-yo doll.  That I can't make for Stella right now--at least not in the format I remember it.  Small circles of fabric were basted around the outside edge and then gathered into a circle. I remember doing this with Grammy. You'd need lots of these circles to make the yo-yo clown doll.  I remember it having jingle bells where the hands and feet would be.  I don't remember the face. When I went looking for it on the Internet, I found this image. Ding Dong School with Miss Frances!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment